Expert Cryotherapy in Manchester
Cryotherapy is a medical procedure that involves the use of extremely cold temperatures to freeze and destroy abnormal or diseased tissue. Our team at Everest Pharmacy are now providing Cryotherapy in Manchester directly from our pharmacies.
What can Cryotherapy treat?
It is commonly used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including:
- Warts: Cryotherapy is an effective treatment for warts, which are caused by a viral infection. The freezing temperatures destroy the wart tissue and stimulate the immune system to fight the virus.
- Actinic keratosis: Cryotherapy is often used to treat precancerous skin lesions called actinic keratoses. The freezing temperatures destroy the abnormal cells and promote the growth of new, healthy cells.
- Skin tags: Cryotherapy can be used to remove benign skin growths called skin tags. The freezing temperatures cause the skin tag to shrink and eventually fall off.
- Seborrheic keratosis: Cryotherapy can also be used to treat seborrheic keratoses, which are non-cancerous skin growths. The freezing temperatures cause the growths to dry up and fall off.
- Psoriasis: Cryotherapy can be used as a complementary therapy for psoriasis, a chronic skin condition characterized by itchy, scaly patches. Cold temperatures can help reduce inflammation and itchiness.
Cryotherapy is generally a safe and effective treatment for these skin conditions, although there can be some side effects such as pain, blistering, and temporary skin discolouration. It is important to talk to a healthcare professional or member of our team to determine if cryotherapy is the right treatment option for your specific skin condition before you get treatment. It is not recommended for everyone, including people with certain medical conditions like Raynaud’s disease or cold allergies. It is important to tell our team if you have any healthcare conditions, we will need to assess and determine if cryotherapy is safe and appropriate for you. Your safety is our top priority!
How it Works
The liquid spray freezing system provides precise treatment of the affected skin areas without damage to the surrounding healthy tissue. Our pharmacist will use an innovative device that emits a fine jet of Nitrous Oxide under high pressure, which works with millimetre precision. It is a brilliant device for removing skin imperfections quickly and effectively with no collateral damage to healthy tissue.
What can you treat at Everest Pharmacy?
We are able to treat the following conditions:
- Warts & Verrucas
- Skin Tags
- Hyperpigmentation & Sun Damage
- Cherry Spots
- Age Spots
Book an Appointment
If you are interested in getting expert cryotherapy in Manchester then please book a consultation with us today using the calendar below. Alternatively, you can contact us to find out more.