Private Blood Testing in Manchester
When you are unwell, your GP may schedule some blood tests to help diagnose the cause. This is an important part of healthcare provided on the NHS. However, our blood tests offer an alternative route for people seeking information about their health. Everest Pharmacy provide Private Blood Testing in Manchester to help our patients get a clearer understanding of their health.
Why have private blood tests?
There are many reasons why someone may choose to have blood tests:
- Blood tests allow you to take control of your health. By understanding your health markers, you can make informed and healthy lifestyle choices.
- For routine tests, blood tests allow you to bypass GP waiting times for both the taking of samples and getting your results.
- You may have a specific health reason based on your family’s health history or lifestyle.
- Gain reassurance and peace of mind when you know.
Can you get a blood test without a doctor?
Taking a blood sample is a simple procedure carried out by a phlebotomist. A phlebotomist is a person specially trained in taking blood.
How long do blood test results take?
Once the blood has been taken, the tests need to be done quickly to ensure accuracy. So, most test results will be available within three to five days.
What blood tests do I need?
Our qualified staff can help you choose the right blood tests for you. You may be interested in your general health or there may be a specific problem you want to check for. The types of blood tests we offer are extensive. Some of the most common types of blood tests include:
- Fertility hormone tests: if you’re starting a family both you and your partner can have your fertility hormone levels checked.
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) or HIV: sexually health may be an important issue for you, so have a blood test for STIs or HIV.
- Check the health of your organs: blood tests for thyroid function or the health of your liver or heart are popular choices.
It’s important to remember that if you have symptoms or are feeling unwell, our pharmacists may advise you to see your GP.
Not good with needles or blood?
If the sight or thought of blood or needles makes you feel squeamish, Everest Pharmacy’s private blood testing in Manchester can help.
We offer a supportive and discrete blood testing service. Our healthcare professionals are reassuring and will make you feel comfortable before taking the samples. Our staff can provide you with as much – or as little – information about tests are you choose.
You can bring a friend for support or relax in our care. Our staff will patiently make sure you are feeling ok before you leave.
Everest Pharmacy is proud to care for this thriving community through our dedicated services and expert care. We can tailor the tests to meet your personal needs.
Book your Appointment Today!