NHS Hypertension Screening Service in Manchester
Everest Pharmacy is proud to offer an NHS Hypertension Screening Service as part of our commitment to promoting good health and wellbeing in our community. We have a team of highly skilled professionals and state-of-the-art equipment. Moreover, we strive to provide accurate and reliable hypertension screening services to help you manage your blood pressure effectively.
What is Hypertension?
Hypertension, commonly known as high blood pressure, is a condition where the force of blood against the artery walls is consistently too high. If left untreated, hypertension can lead to serious health complications. It is referred to as a “silent killer” as it typically has no symptoms. And so regular screening and monitoring is crucial for early detection and management.
Why Choose Our NHS Hypertension Screening Service in Manchester ?
- Expertise and Experience: Firstly, our team of healthcare professionals has extensive experience in hypertension screening. We accurately measure your blood pressure and provide personalized advice based on your specific needs.
- Comprehensive Health Assessment: Secondly, our hypertension screening service goes beyond just measuring your blood pressure. And, we conduct a thorough health assessment, including reviewing your medical history, lifestyle factors, and family history. This holistic approach helps us identify any underlying causes or risk factors associated with hypertension.
- Intervention and Support: Lastly, our team can provide you with a 24-hour blood pressure monitor. We can also provide practical advice on diet, exercise, stress management, and other lifestyle modifications to help you maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
Who is Eligible?
The inclusion criteria for opportunistic blood pressure checks are as follows:
- Adults who are 40 years old or over, who do not have a current diagnosis of hypertension;
- Patients, by exception, under the age of 40 who request the service because they have a recognised family history of hypertension may be provided the service at the pharmacist’s discretion;
- Patients between 35 and 39 years old who are approached about or request the service may be tested at the pharmacist’s discretion
- Adults, with or without a prior diagnosis of hypertension, specified by a general practice for the measurement of blood pressure (clinic and ambulatory blood pressure checks). This process should be agreed locally with general practices.
The exclusion criteria for our Hypertension Screening Service in Manchester are:
- People who cannot unable to give consent to participate.
- People under the age of 40 years old, unless at the discretion of the pharmacist or unless they have been specified by a general practice for the measurement of blood pressure.
- People who have their blood pressure regularly monitored by a healthcare professional
- Requests should be sent via a process which is agreed locally with general practices.
Book Your Hypertension Screening Appointment Today
Don’t wait until hypertension becomes a serious health issue. So contact us or use the booking form below to book an appointment for our Hypertension Screening Service in Manchester today. Your health is our priority!